text link
Welcome to my garden spot. Come and visit while we learn to balance and integrate our lives into a whole.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Passive Solar Collector Works!

     My passive solar collector really works. While the temp outside did not hit 29 degrees, I had 87 degree air coming out of the collector. I am well pleased. Now if only we had a few (!) more sunny days, so it could really be of service.

     It is almost time to harvest my small greens brought in from outside earlier. Fresh greens added to a salad in December is great. I need to get more seed in the pots for micro greens, or I'll be out of fresh greens. After the outside greens are gone, I  only keep the very small greens going. That's because there is so little light for plants - and I do not want to supplement the light. Also, my house is kept very cool, so it works best to not try to let things grow to normal summer size. I plant any cool weather greens. When I get these going, I'll post what I have planted. Here are some pics of what I am harvesting. There are several kinds of lettuce, kale, beets greens and chard. I also have radishes and carrots going ( carrot greens can be added to a salad for a peppery flavor. I do not add very many, if I do this)



No comments:

Post a Comment